Friday, October 8, 2010

October 8, 2010

As I have conveyed in prior postings, progress is very slow. Dad was released from the hospital yesterday! He will, however, remain in out-patient care for bandage changes. Mom has continued to remain fairly stable. The doctors are still battling with the infection on her legs but are happy with the tissue in other areas. If she continues to maintain healthy tissue elsewhere, they will begin grafting her neck and upper chest areas with EZ Derm.

As a secondary note to today's post I would like to make a few comments about the Visitation Calendar:

Prior to visiting, it is very important that you contact me with the dates and make sure that they do not conflict with existing visits. The last thing we want to do is interrupt Mom's progress with a large influx of visitors. We appreciate every single visit, however, we need to make sure that she is not overwhelmed physically or mentally. We also have to keep her vulnerability to bacteria in mind.

I am sure that Mom misses and loves everyone so very much but we also have to understand how much stress she is dealing with.

Thank you all for your love and please know that both Mom and Dad love and appreciate your visits to this page and to the hospital.

2 comments:

  1. Just another message from KK letting you know I am praying for all of your family and you are all in my thoughts every moment of every day. Nadine you are alot like your Uncle Berry very kind and giving. Your Aunt Cheryl and Jo Jo are wonderful too. I am with all of you, I Love you all. LOve KK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! My name is Wendy and I know Bobby from Guitars Etc. Jeff,(his teacher) just told me about the accident. I am so relieved to hear that Bobby has been released from the hospital. Though I don't know Bobby well, he is one of my favorite people, always with a ready smile & a silly joke. Please know that I am praying for both your Mom & Dad and your whole family. ~Wendy Adams Tinsley

    ReplyDelete